W W

Cats’ vs Dogs? Cats I Am Here To Why I Think This Way                                                                                                      Ryder.J

April 20, 2023

W.W #2

Cats are simply better then dogs, and I am going to tell you why I think this.

Cats are just all-around easier animals to take care of. Cats do not need much attention throughout the day, you go up to them and just give them three or four pets a day they are chill with you, and you are chill with them.

Dogs need your attention more throughout the day, which isn’t a bad thing, it makes you spend more time with them. But they expect that every day, and sometimes people aren’t in the mood when they get home, or they are tired.

Cats can stay home alone as long as the owner needs as long as the cat has food and water you don’t have to worry about anything. They won’t mess up the house or start to be lonely. But dogs, if you leave them alone in the house with food and water that won’t stop them from tearing a pillow apart or even your couch and making a mess. Also, dogs have to go pee and poop outside, so how are they going to be let out when you are not home? Also, if you leave them outside you are risking them escaping or being loud.

Cats don’t eat even close to as much food as dogs do. Even when you buy the food in bulk it is usually about the same price for both bags but once you have a dog and a cat, you’ll know which bag empty’s faster. Cats use way less toys than dogs. Toys can keep a pet active for about 1 hour but I would say dogs usually have way more toys then cats and it is true that dogs use them more then cats most of the time but most dogs get tired of some toys, and then you got to get them a new one which by the end the money adds up after you bought all the toys.

When pets use the washroom most of the time it is you that has to clean it up if it is your pet. Dogs use the washroom outside most the time and when he or she decides to squeeze one out while not on your property you are responsible of cleaning that up. 11 use the washroom in a litter box which usually is more efficient than picking up your I’m done thank you poop every day, your house will not smell if you empty the litter box often and use kitty litter.

Cats weight less then dogs which gives you the option to pick them up, for them to lay on you, and to cuddle most  things with a dog is not as good as when you do it with a cat if a dog lays on you, you’ll have a hard time breathing if they are there for a long time, when you cuddle with a dog it usually isn’t as comfortable because they are way bigger than most things you cuddle with and if you pick up a dog it will have quite a bit more weight to it.

Dogs and cats can be used for many good things too such as mental health, hospital children visits, police dogs, for some people that are lonely their pet can be one of the only things they have in their life. Cats are also a really good pet say when someone is not feeling good cats are easier to take care of and also when an older person or couple wants a pet cat are way more calm and easier to take care of when you don’t have much energy like older people. But for someone with time and energy a dog could possibly be the better choice but if you don’t have much time for a pet, but you want one there when you come home from work a cat would most likely be a better option.

There are a lot of facts that you can compare dog’s vs cats to, cats’ brain is 90% more like a humans then a dogs.

So over all I think the both sides have really good things and some bad about them I chose cats as my opinion as they are a more chill animal then dogs but my opinion can even switch sometimes I can like dogs more than cats it isn’t a permanent opinion but I choose cats cause they are a more calm animal and also because I had cats way longer then I had a dog and I find that cats are more calm, cuddly, silent then dogs which I like most of the time and the other time I usually like fooling around with dogs and playing with them.